Sunday, November 15, 2015

In Spirit of Thanksgiving

I have been thinking for a while now about what I might want to post about next, as this little blog is just getting off it's feet. I've spent the last few days just racking my brain about what in the world would be interesting enough that would be worth sharing...

And it got a little bit depressing! 

I scoured the internet looking for prompts, ideas...spent quite a bit of time being a space cadet (spacing out? yeah...). I literally could not think of ANYTHING.

And then I came across this little image on Pinterest (gotta love Pinterest). This tiny little image of arranged pixels that really got me thinking. It said, "Live a life worth telling people about." My first thought was, M'kay, cool, whatevs. Swipe to the next pin! But then I found myself swiping back to it about two more pins later. And I had another little depressing thought.

Is my life really that boring, that I seriously can't think of anything to write about?!

Geez.

I tell ya what ow! That little pixelated thingy made me sad! And I can tell you something right now, I'm definitely not the master of positive thinking when it comes to myself all the time. Though I definitely am working on it! I got seriously bummed. I thought about the past few days, thinking maybe I could pull something out that stood out to me. But honestly, it's been that kind of week, where the whole thing blobs itself together and you don't even know what day it is anymore. It's all been sleep, do surveys, find work online, fill out job applications, look at apartments, lather, rinse, repeat...

And one day (today) I was just mindlessly scrolling through my Facebook feed, like we humans tend to do when our brains to mush, and I came across a touching little video that my dear dear friend made. (She's amazing, love her to death, you should definitely check out her blog here.) It was super simple, just her and her fiance and some of their everyday moments together set to a song. Simple right? I watched it, and it almost brought tears to my eyes, for a few reasons.

First of all, because I love my dear friend and of course, I am overjoyed that she is sharing her joy with me via Facebook. I love seeing her so happy! Watching her tender moments between her and the man she loved touches my heart.

But the other thing that it got me thinking about, was my own life. I thought about that little quote that made me bummed out. And I thought, y'know what? I have absolutely no reason to be that way! I have many precious little moments in my life that make it special and unique. My very own. And no one else can say that they have the same life as me. I have my own precious and tender moments that now one else can say they've been through in my shoes.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

I have a wonderful and loving husband who's drop dead sexy! (I will brag him up any day) I have delightful members of my family, and in-laws that everyone should seriously be jealous of, they're that awesome. I have darling nieces and nephews. I have friends that are near and dear to my heart, who even though we don't talk much anymore now that we're all growing up and figuring out life, but I know that they care about me too. There are a lot of acquaintances in my life who actually make an impact on my life as well, and though I try to make my best effort to tell them so, I would bet that most of them don't really know how much they actually help me without intending to.

I love these people so dearly, and seriously them alone? MORE than enough than I could ever. EVER. be thankful enough for. But I tell you what. I thought some more about my week, from a different perspective this time.

And I have so much to be grateful for!

There were so many moments that touched my heart!

I was able to visit my husband's side of the family. I watched crime shows and Dr. Phil with my mother in law. I had my darling niece draw me pictures and write me sweet notes about how much she loves me. I got to go to a beautiful wedding ceremony for my sister in law and her new bride. I went out to dinner at a new place I'd never been to before. I played Mario Party with my husband and his friend. I got spoiled when my husband surprised me with that red dress I've been eyeing for months now. I got to try some Japanese mango candy that was freakin' delicious. I played Apples to Apples with my sister and her boyfriend.

I could seriously go on and on. 

But I'm not going to.

Know why?

Because I want YOU to think about it!

Think about YOU. YOUR life. What makes YOU happy. 

Who are those people in your life who you love? What moments made you laugh or smile? What moments were hard, how did you overcome them? 

Do you got little moments like that in your week? in your day even? Seriously take some time to think about you! Think about how awesome you are, the little wonderful blessings in your life. There is literally so much to be thankful for. Even if you have to bring out the mega magnifying glass. There is so much joy to be found in the tender mercies around us. 

The things that I listed for me, maybe you think that they're silly. You think to yourself, "How in the world are you thankful for watching Dr. Phil?" Well, because in every single one of those moments I listed? I smiled about something, I was talking to someone I love, I had a thought that made a molded piece in my heart. I made a memory. 

And that's what life is! A string of memories (Inside Out anyone? Love that show...). Memories that piece together our stories. Our personal, unique, one of a kind stories. And there are so many joyful moments to be had! If you can't find any, seriously, get out there and make some! Feel like you have no friends? I will be your friend. Message me, I'm not even kidding. There is so much that this life has to offer!

So I challenge you, my readers. In the Spirit of Thanksgiving! Think about the joys and the things that you're thankful for! 

Sometimes, all it takes is a little change of perspective. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment